There are some simple ways to keep your mobile safe:
- Make sure you have all the contact details you will need stored in your mobile at all times, just in case, and remember to store the police non-emergency number 101 for help and advice.
- Charge your battery and keep your credit topped up. You can dial 999 (or 112) for help from the emergency services, even if you have run out of credit.
- If your mobile is out of action, use a public phone box and dial '100' to reverse the charges.
- Never give your contact details to people you don't know.
- Don't reply to texts from an unknown contact – it could cost you.
- When out and about, keep your mobile hidden so you don't encourage thieves. Consider the silent/vibrate mode so only you know when someone is calling you.
- If you are walking and talking, stay alert and be aware of what's going on around you.
- If you lose your mobile or it gets stolen, call 08701 123 123 to block the SIM card and mobile. You will need the phones IMEI number (the unique identification number) so make a note of it somewhere safe. Dial *#06# on your mobile to get the IMEI.